Thursday, April 9, 2009

Potty Training Update

A couple of weeks ago I was approached via email to participate in a contest to win a 6-month supply of Pull-Ups. The deal was this: since my blog has spoken at length about the woes of potty training and Pull-Ups was promoting a media campaign about the "Potty-Dance" (you can look it up on You Tube) if I went to a website and added my blog postings I would be in the running. Now the "e-marketing machine" is frought with banking deals from Nigerian millionaires and credit card phishing scams, but this one was totally legit. I did a little leg work on the back end and saw that the company promoting this had other large clients aside from Kimberly Clark which gave me a little hope. Well lo and behold late last week I received an email telling me I had won and asked what size Angelo is and my home address. Yesterday they arrived. A box with 6 packages of 3T-4T Pull-Ups. Yeah!

The only thing cooler than free Pull-Ups is not neeeding to have your child wear them. Which is where we find Angelo at this very moment. Talk about irony! You take out a 2nd Mortgage to pay for diapers and a get a truckload of them delivered to your doorstep when you no longer need them. Better late than never I guess. Since they don't expire we may just keep them for Giancarlo who will no doubt need them in a couple of years.

In celebration of Angelo's potty training we took the boys to Chuck E Cheese on Tuesday as we promised to do when Angelo was totally trained. We made a big deal out of it and we made sure we did it up right. We had pizza, played games, and even indulged in a little cotton candy for a treat. My only complaint is that most of the games that my kids want to play are too big for them to play. Now I can play Skee Ball with the best of them, but Angelo has a problem getting the ball up the ramp. I think it is one part coordination and one part length of ramp, but that didn't stop him from giving it his all. Besides I don't think they will remember their high scores so much as they will remember they they had fun.

Favorite games: First off they both had to ride the horse (like that surprises anyone who knows my kids). Antonio anything with a gun. Big Game Hunter 2, some Wild West Shoot Out game, basically anything where you can shoot bad guys. Angelo wanted to play every car, plane, jet ski simulator possible. He is all about racing, down to his little Speed Racer undies.

I am so proud of Angelo for taking the next step toward becoming a truly big boy! He appears to be using this as a springboard toward acting older every day. As if he needed to grow up any quicker.

No comments: